Finding a mobile notary after hours can be tricky and time consuming.
Most establishments offering walk-in notary services which are listed below, tend to observe traditional business hours between 8 am and 6 pm.
For those critical times when a document requires notarization under time pressure, it will be important to either outsource finding a notary to a mobile notary agency or to spend some time searching various mobile notary directories and databases where mobile notaries publish their contact information.
Below is a guideline for the most efficient and cost effective ways to find a mobile notary public when you need one. If your time is limited however, here or the Book Now button on the top right hand of this page for the simplest and fastest solution. A screened, professional and qualified notary can be at your doorstep without you having to make a single call!
REQUEST A QUOTE
The UPS Store, Postal Annex and other mailbox Stores
Most people seeking notary public services are unaware that the majority of individually owned UPS Store locations have a notary available on a walk-in basis until they close their doors at 6.30pm.
These stores are very convenient notarization options because no appointment is necessary and there is a location in virtually every city in the US excluding sparsely populated regions.
It is important to note that The UPS Store’s largest competitor FedEx Office/Kinkos no longer offers notary services after they were hit with a lawsuit some years ago.
If your notarization needs meet the requirement below, then a mailbox outlet such The UPS Store or Postal Annex is typically the least expensive way to have your signature witnessed by a notary public.
- Mobile notary service is not required,
- The signer has valid identification which is typically a driver license, state issued identification card or passport,
- The document is in English,
- The document contains the proper notary verbiage and just requires a notary seal.
- You might have to wait in line when its busy since the notary might be the only staff member working that particular shift. During peak hours, in a thinly staffed store, this can mean an hour or longer.
- For liability reasons, the notary who is working that shift might decline to notarize documents written in a foreign language or which lack a valid notary verbiage/certificate for the state you are located in.
- There might be a potential privacy concern when dealing with sensitive documents because the notarization ceremony will take place right on the on the counter-top with staff or other customers present.